As we all know business reputation and brand name is a really important key factor within any business. It is the face of the business, the greater the reputation, the more advantage they have with clients and customers. Today big and small businesses and companies thrive on competitive advantage to strengthen and increase their brand name and reputation within the business communities.
To accomplish the effective needs, big and small companies are slowly adopting web 2.0 technologies to help gain ground against its competitors. The use of web 2.0 technologies helps improve productivity and collaboration and is also used to promote and innovate. Wiki falls under the web 2.0 category and is highly used as a solution to collaborate online with ease. The use of wiki is slowly growing in the enterprise, it is a tool which all enterprises should use if they wish to improve the collaboration of employees and clients/customers.
If the International Geological Conference (IGC) were to implement such a web 2.0 technology (wiki) the knowledge and understanding of management is required to maximise and increase the participation of employees within the group while keeping all business objectives in scope
Upon looking further into the wiki, Prime 5 were able to come up with strategical strategies that should be followed to ensure the successful implementation of the wiki within the enterprise.
Below is a list of strategies which where identified by Prime 5:
- ICG must implement the wiki into the organisation’s IT collaboration architecture.
- Assign a leader to each wiki and have that champion observe contributions that people make to the wiki
- An understanding of the wiki “rules of conduct” must monitor and enforce
- Understand that the most difficult barrier to cross in sustaining a wiki is convincing people to edit others’ work
- Promote the activity of asking wiki participants to keep watching for repetitive activity to evolve and enhance wiki technology